Monday, October 10, 2011

New beginnings

It's been about a week since I last posted.

Lots going on. I just moved out west for a new job. It's a bitter/sweet feeling. I leave my family, fiance (temporarily) and my life for the last few years behind. In return, I come to a city I have called home for almost a decade, where I have established deep roots, and will spend the next year (at the least-barring any unexpected situations).

Tomorrow will be my first day on the job. Again, this is bitter/sweet. Unfamiliar environment, new people, a 45 min bus ride. In return, I will be working for top 3 telecom company in Canada, which is highly reputable and an economy driver where I am. I do know someone very well who will be working within my department, if not within my team. One of my best friends works a brisk 10 minutes walk away. And of course its the start of a new journey and career.

The next few weeks of adjusting will take some work. I am currently staying with some close family friends until I find a place of my own (aiming for the beginning of November).

Anyways, I think I will be making a post regarding finding temporary accommodations and comparing the value of a furnished and unfurnished unit sometime during the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment